For My Comrade, Naldo Rei's Poem

Naldo Rey


















 For My Comrade

Today I come to visit you, comrade
to wake you up in the morning.

You hear the loud voices
from the machine guns
and the voices of crying shakes you, comrade

I come to visit you, Comrade
To knock on the window of your heart;
To the voices of the guns

Listen, My comrade
The bullets from the guns
have already slaughtered
200,000 innocent people
They are the Maubere people

Don't let death happen, my comrade
Give your time
and contemplate
without doubt
To liberate East Timor
from the tyrant

Let peace come
Let justice come
Deeply in your heart
I will record your willingness
in the heart of Maubere people

By Naldo Rei

Green Left Weekly Wednesday, December 3, 1997
URL: http://www.greenleft.org.au/node/15862

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Prinsipius Doutrina Sosial Igreja No Prinsipius Filozofikus -Ideolojikus Fretelin

Medisina Sosial iha Timor-Leste

East Timor Revisited: Ford, Kissinger and the Indonesian Invasion, 1975-1976